Travel Consultant (Torrance)
If you're looking for an opportunity that utilizes your service industry expertise in combination with your superior customer service skills, then come join Travel Design's China Discovery Tours (CDT) Business Travel Consultant Team! As the CDT's Business Travel Consultant, you will be responsible for completing all travel requests to CHINA or other destinations in ASIA.
- Assisting corporate & group travelers in planning itineraries in all aspects
- Understanding corporate & group travelers' wishes, special needs & requirements and making appropriate recommendations
- Building relationships with clients and getting referrals for future business
- Complete airline ticketing & land tour reservation by working with operation team according to company's guidelines & policies
- Proactively advise travelers of any high fares, service changes, airline schedule changes, forced overnights or inferior schedules with alternate options
- Assist travelers with tour interruptions caused by weather, mechanical delays or other unusual travel interruptions and follow through on all re- accommodations
- Liaising with travel partners, including retail travel agencies, hotels and other tour operators, to coordinate regular trainings and manage bookings and schedules in advance.
- Proven track record of experience in Travel or other service industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be detail-oriented; possess excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines; and be able to analyze and resolve issues independently
- Required to be available on weekends, after hours, and on short notice, as requested by management
- Certifications in any of the following, tourism or hospitality management diploma, or bi-ligual capabilities is a big plus:
- Certified Travel Counselor (CTC)
- Certified Travel Associate (CTA)
- Institute for Certified Travel Agents (ICTA)